Announcing PyLogsParser 0.4
Wallix LogBox team is happy to announce version 0.4 of PyLogsParser.
- Wallix AdminBastion authentication logs, written by Nassim Babaci
- Cisco ASA logs.
- Dansguardian logs.
- Adds Common Callbacks facility : a library of functions that are ready to
use in normalizers. Most of them involve the parsing of various common date
- Adds Final Callback facility : it is now possible to call a callback function
at the end of the normalization process (if one of the normalizer’s patterns
has been applied successfully). This is useful to compute a tag from several
others’ values, for example.
- Adds “extras” library to use in callbacks. It allows to move some logic
outside of a normalizer’s definition. This can lead to a significant
- Adds a “taxonomy” tag to existing normalizers to allow classification
per application type.
- Adds normalizer timing utility (contributed by Jean-François Taltavull).
- Adds utility to check common tagging per taxonomy. Ideally normalizers
under the same taxonomy should have a common pool of tags.
- S3 normalizer is 70 times faster than before (contributed by Jean-François Taltavull).
- Significant speedup in URLparser and UserAgent normalizers thanks to the
- Bing bot added to bots list
- FTPd normalizer turned into the more generic xferlog normalizer.
- Fixes DenyAll normalizers as much as possible given the available documentation.
- Fixes incorrect regular expression used for MAC addresses.
- Removes faulty MySQL normalizer.
- Documentation is up to date.
- Test suite is up to date.
Details and download
Full changelog is available on github. The tar ball version can be dowloaded on github download area.
Incoming search terms:
- babaci wallix
- nassim wallix
This entry was posted in development
and tagged development
. Bookmark the permalink